The Amaya Food Gallery Restaurant, Amari Watergate Hotel Bangkok
A review of the Friday Dinner Buffet at the Amari Watergate Bangkok. For guests who are looking for a comfortable place to dine in the city center. Will this restaurant respond to your needs? Read on for our review.
• A wide variety of good quality food items to choose from
• The sashimi and Lamb Leg Steak were delicious
• Good atmosphere, attractive decor, and spacious
• Courteous staff
• Guests are able to dine until closing time
• Convenient parking lot with free parking for up to 4 hours. On the way back, we had a slight issue with the parking card, but the staff at the parking exit helped out by going inside to have the ticket card. Very impressive.
• The dessert lineup wasn’t so impressive.
• Dim Sum
• Pricing was on the high end.
The buffet dinner at the Amari Watergate Bangkok is located at the Amaya Food Gallery restaurant, an attractive and spacious restaurant with quite a wide variety of menu items to choose from, from seafood, and steak, as well as Thai to Indian cuisine.
Most of the food quality is standard, but the sashimi and the lamb shank were simply excellent.
Suitable for socializing after work where guests can leisurely lounge and dine on delicious food. Do give it a try.
Recommended Menu Items
Recommended food items at the Amari Watergate Bangkok dinner buffet
• Grilled Lamb Shank
• Salmon, tuna, and saba sashimi (Japanese mackerel)
• Steak was quite outstanding.
• Cold cuts, cheese, jams, and salads
• Soft-shell crab
• Khao Soi (northern Thai curry noodles)
• Papri Chaat
• Tandoori Chicken
Listed below are a few of the items that we tried out on the day of our review.
An exclusive item that is limited to 1 dish per person (or you can choose to have the free-flow draft beer instead).
The size was considerably big, but it was fresh, and the meat firm and naturally sweet.
Seafood / Grilled Prawns
Seafood On Ice
Soft-boiled shrimp, Korean oysters, sweet clams, and black mussels. Standard freshness, but their sizes were not very big.
Grilled River Prawns
Medium-sized prawns with medium freshness. But you can try ordering and tasting them first, as the restaurant’s raw materials’ freshness varies from day to day.
The crabs were located near the Thai cuisine and papaya salad corner.
There were 3 options to choose from: soft-shell crab, blue crab, and pure crab meat. The crabs were fresh, but not quite big.
Diners have 3 choices on how they can be cooked: stir-fried with tamarind sauce, which gives off a distinct tamarind aroma, and intense flavor, with a mild fragrance of fish sauce, stir-fried with curry powder, which is much milder and less intense, and lastly, stir-fried with Singaporean-styled chili sauce.
This last option tastes like stir-fried chili paste, and gave out a sour, salty, sweet, mild oily taste, with a slight aroma of ginger and curry.
Seafood Dipping Sauce
Intense, spicy-sweet, sourness from the lime, and fragrant from the shallots. Simply delicious.
The rice has a mild sour taste and was almost too soggy. Not a lot of fish meat, but you can sample a few, but I would prefer to focus on the sashimi.
Excellent. With soft melt-in-your-mouth salmon, tendon-less tuna, and tender saba. Highly recommended for diners who like sashimi.
Grilled Lamb Shank
Another excellent dish. Aromatic from the grill, soft, juicy, with no unwanted lamb stink.
A bit on the tough side, but not too firm. A bit more effort was required for chewing.
Standard tenderness, but not so flavorful. In fact, it was on the bland side.
Tender chewy texture with a light aroma of the pork. To be accompanied with black pepper sauce, onion and pepper. Salty-sweet taste. Personally, I didn’t like it much, but my companion liked it.
Consisted of the cobia fish. Firm texture which was not too dry, and came with a sweet curry flavor and a milky aroma. Not too spicy. Acceptably delicious.
Crispy dough topped with yogurt and various spices. The taste was sweet and sour, with a light spicy aroma. Delicious. Give it a try.
The chicken was extremely tender, salty, grill fragrant, and mildly spiced. Goes very well with the salty, sour, fragrant, mint-scented sauce.
Baked Sea Bass in Tomato Sauce
Good firm texture cooked in mild tomato sauce The fish was a bit dry as it has already been cooked and left standing for a considerable time. But not that bad.
Generous chunks of fish, which was sweet and spicy. Should be enjoyed with rice.
Absolutely delicious. Tender chicken and intense curry. An item not to be missed.
Choose your own pasta and sauce and place your order with the chef. We tried out the carbonara and the taste was acceptable. The best thing is that we can add unlimited cheese and bacon toppings from the salad corner. The serving was generous.
Consisted of coarse mushrooms with a mild salty taste and a very distinct mushroom aroma. But we didn’t get any smell of the truffles.
Cold Cuts and Salad
Full slice, not too dry, sufficiently aromatic. Very good.
We loved the sweet and savory Avocado Mango Salad, and the Duck Breast Salad.
Very limited options. I personally didn’t like it.
Takes about 5-10 minutes to prepare. The bread was not too big, but it was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Could be better with a little more butter.
Thai Sweets, Bakery Items
Overall, we were quite indifferent, but I recommend the ice cream which was accompanied by a very fragrant mango and satisfying sour passion fruit.
Location, Opening Hours, Pricing
Dinner Buffet at the Amari Watergate Bangkok
• Amaya Food Gallery, Amari Watergate Hotel Bangkok
• 847 Phetchaburi Rd, Khwaeng Thanon Phaya Thai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
• Daily 18.00 – 22.00 hrs.
All You Can Eat
• Daily Dinner Buffet (except Fridays) A-la-carte with more than 30 menu items to choose from
• 990 baht net
Sailor’s Seafood Dinner Buffet
• Friday Dinner Buffet, with a wide selection of cuisine and seafood to choose from
• Complimentary free-flow draft beer (limited to 2 hours), or 1 lobster
• 1,499 baht net
• FB: AmayaBangkok
• Line: @amariwatergatebkk
• Tel: 02 653 9000
• Reservations: https://bit.ly/401MzlO
You May Be Interested In
• 10 Best Seafood Buffets in Bangkok
• Fridays-Saturdays Dinner Buffet at the Chatrium Grand Bangkok
• Laem Charoen Seafood Buffet
• Seafood Buffet at the Seafood Market 12, Asoke, Sukhumvit 12
• The Dinner Buffet at Chatrium Riverside Bangkok
• The Dinner Buffet at the Amari Watergate Bangkok
• The Dinner Buffet at the Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
• The Seafood Cafe and Restaurant Yaowarat (China Town)
BearDuck, is a game designer and illustrator, who started out on a daring journey, interested in mindfulness, self-improvement, and street food.
We currently have over 160,000 followers on Facebook.