A review of Chatrium Riverside Bangkok Buffet Dinner where almost every menu is delicious, amidst a waterside atmosphere along the Chao Phraya River, 5-star hotel service, and at affordable prices. Unbelievable? Read on for our review.
• Sashimi, Chinese cuisine, seafood, steaks, spicy salad and som tum, almost everything is delicious.
• Riverside atmosphere
• Free shuttle boat service from/to Saphan Taksin and Icon Siam.
• Buffet includes drinking water, tea, and coffee.
• You can sit for as long as you like.
• Excellent service
• Limited food items.
• Dessert is not outstanding.
• Sushi rice is a bit soggy.
• Buffet does not include soft drinks.
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok buffet dinner is located at the River Barge Restaurant, which features a not-so-big, air-conditioned room and a fairly wide area along the Chao Phraya River.
The buffet line may not be extensive, but every food item has been carefully selected and is very delicious. Combined with the atmosphere and service, this may be considered as one of a very worthwhile buffet.
Book the Chatrium Riverside Bangkok Buffet through Hungry Hub and get a special complimentary Peking Duck, limited to 1 dish per person.
No immediate payment is required, and the booking can be canceled at any time.
The International Dinner Buffet at the Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok comprises 2 packages:
• International Buffet, Mondays-Thursdays priced at 1,290 baht net per person and is inclusive of Seafood on Ice, Chinese cuisine, sashimi, and sushi.
• Seafood Splash Buffet, Fridays-Sundays priced at 1,690 baht net per person, includes items from the above package plus grilled river prawns and horse crabs, as well as steaks.
You can also make direct reservations with the hotel, but bookings with the hotel are subject to service charges and taxes, while Hungry Hub bookings are net prices, which makes the price a bit cheaper.
Currently, Hungry Hub has a “Come 4 Pay for only 3” promotion for Mondays-Thursdays. The cost is only 968 baht net per person and expires on March 31, 2023. Great deal. Book now.
How to get to the Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
The hotel offers a free shuttle boat service where guests can board either from Saphan Taksin BTS Station or Icon Siam.
• Mondays-Fridays 06.30 – 22.10 hrs.
• Saturdays-Sundays 07.30 – 22.10 hrs.
Please check the shuttle boat schedules here https://www.chatrium.com
The River Barge Restaurant at the Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok is smaller than we expected but is surrounded by glass panels making it look airy.
However, the riverside area is spacious but is quite a distance from the buffet line.
Recommended Menu Items
Recommended food items at the Chatrium Riverside Bangkok Buffet Dinner
• Seafood, in which every item is outstanding, i.e. shrimp, oysters, cockles
• Chinese cuisine, especially the roasted duck.
• Spicy papaya salad (Som Tum)
Exclusive items available only on Fridays-Sundays
• Baked Salmon
• Grilled river prawns and crabs
Special menu when booked through Hungry Hub
• Peking Duck
Other Menu Items
Listed below are some of the items that we tasted at the Chatrium Riverside Hotel Bangkok Buffet
Special Menu for bookings made through Hungry Hub
If you book through Hungry Hub, you will get an optional complimentary Peking Duck, which is limited to only 1 dish per person.
Soft, thin dough, good thick duck skin, moderate fat, sweet salty fragrant sauce which gave a nice aroma of bean and soybean paste. Delicious.
Seafood and River Prawns
Grilled river prawns and crabs are only available on Fridays-Sundays.
Grilled River Prawns
Absolutely fresh. Firm chewy texture grilled to perfection. The meat was moist and contained considerable shrimp fat. An item not to be missed.
Grilled Flower Crab
Fresh, sweet meat, with a good aroma of the sea. The meat has been sliced and is not very difficult to enjoy. For anyone who likes crab meat, this is a must-try.
“Spotted Babylon” Cockles
Large, with fleshy, firm meat. Slightly bitter taste.
So juicy and comes with a strong unique cockle aroma and goes well with a very spicy seafood dipping sauce.
On the day of our review, the restaurant offered two types of oysters; Fine de Claire, and Normandy. Both of them were fresh and had a mild sea scent without the fishy smell. Goes well with a squeeze of lemon. Delicious.
Personally, I think that Normandy was a bit sweeter.
Cute little cuttlefish, which were fresh, firm, and not too salty. Don’t overlook this item. Try it and you will like it.
Firm meat with a naturally sweet taste. The downside is that you have to get your fingers dirty T_T
Fresh, firm flesh, cut in half. Easier to peel than the shrimp. Enjoy it if you like it.
Seafood Dipping Sauce
Spiciness, just the way that Thais like it, but might prove to be too spicy for foreigners.
Besides the sashimi and sushi in this corner, they also offer unlimited helpings of tobiko (flying fish roe)
Premium salmon, tuna, and squid. Absolutely worth the price.
Excellent meat, unfortunately the rice was a bit soggy.
Steaks and other Western Cuisine
The food option in this corner constantly changes. So, be aware that on the day of your visit, you might not get this item.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that the steak corner is only available on Fridays-Sundays.
Australian Striploin Beef
Tender, juicy, slightly chewy, but not tough. The chef recommends pairing it with a white wine sauce.
Soft with an appropriate amount of fat but might prove to be a bit on the greasy side if consumed in considerable amounts.
The chef recommends pairing it with red wine sauce but enjoying it with seafood dipping sauce can also help reduce its greasiness as well.
Excellent. Thin skin, soft texture, fragrant roast, and mild duck scent.
Roasted Red Pork
Soft and not too dry. Sweet taste but did not give out a distinct red pork aroma.
Stewed Pork Knuckles
Thinly sliced pork knuckles with crunchy bouncy meat. Slightly aromatic with Chinese herbs. Taken with a mildly sweet sauce that smells of liquor and nuts. A bit strange but delicious.
Spicy Mango Salad
Flavorful, spicy, and delicious. Served with a lot of peanuts and crispy fish. Absolutely satisfying. Helped myself to several servings.
Spicy Seafood Salad
Mussels and squid mixed with spicy salad dressing. Slightly spicier than the Mango salad.
If you like mussels but don’t want to get your fingers dirty, you can get your satisfaction by helping yourself to this item.
Som Tum (Spicy papaya salad)
Spicier than the salads. Suitably salty and not too sweet.
As far as our review is concerned, we liked the ice cream the most.
Other dessert items were not quite inspiring, and emphasis should be made on their main buffet line as it is outstanding.
Location, Opening Hours, Pricing
Chatrium Riverside Bangkok Buffet Dinner
• River Barge Restaurant at the Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
• 28 Charoen Krung Rd, Wat Phraya KRAI, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120
• The hotel offers a free shuttle boat service from/to Saphan Taksin BTS Station and Icon Siam approximately every 30 minutes.
• The shuttle boat schedule can be accessed at https://www.chatrium.com
• Daily 18.00 – 22.00 hrs.
• International Buffet, Mondays-Thursdays priced at 1,290 baht net per person
• Seafood Splash Buffet, Fridays-Sundays priced at 1,690 baht net per person
• “Come 4 Pay for only 3” promotion for Mondays-Thursdays. The cost is only 968 baht net per person and expires on March 31, 2023.
• Reservations for the buffet dinner and menu can be made here
You May Be Interested In
BearDuck, a couple of game designers and illustrators, is on a slow journey to explore the world. We are interested in improving ourselves as much as street food and photography.
We currently have over 160,000 followers on Facebook.