Hotel 81 Orchid Singapore is an affordable accommodation option that features an ensuite bathroom, working desk, and convenient access, located in Geylang.
What’s it actually like, and what are its pros and cons, read on for our review of the property.
What We Liked
• Affordable price
• Located near the Old Airport Road Food Center, where one can find a wide array of delicious food.
• A bus stop is conveniently located nearby, providing easy access to the city center.
• The property is situated about 300 meters from the main road, so there are no noise disturbances from passing vehicles.
• Availability of a working desk, but quite small.
• The bed is firm, and the pillows are of the right height. Therefore, sleep is more comfortable than you think.
What We Didn’t Like
• Quite a distance from the nearest MRT station.
• Small room, with a very small bathroom.
• A small working table that has enough space for a notebook, but not the accompanying mouse.
• Only two complimentary bottles of drinking water for your entire stay. No towel changes or room cleaning.
• Poorly soundproofed room.
Hotel 81 Orchid Singapore is an affordable accommodation located in Geylang with the availability of an ensuite bathroom that is cheaper than a capsule hotel in the city center.
This makes it a good choice for visitors with a limited budget and who prefer privacy.
Geylang is considered Singapore’s red-light district and may cause concern among potential guests with regard to their safety.
However, we did not feel unsafe at any time during our entire 4-night stay here where we returned back to our room after 21.00 every night.
The area is brightly lit, with several shops open till late at night, and people walking around all the time.
Superior Twin Room
• Private bathroom: Yes
• Towels: Yes
• Hair Dryer: Yes
• Desk or working area: Yes
• Refrigerator: No
• TV: Yes
• Air conditioning: Yes
• Free WiFi: Yes
14 square meters in size, where you can put your luggage on the floor and still have a bit of space to walk around. We are not too big in stature and didn’t feel too cramped while in the room.
Found a few traces of hair in the bathroom and drawers.
There was a button in the room that you can press to ask the maid to arrange the room. We pressed it, but no one came. If you want a maid, you may need to contact the front desk.
The bed was small bed, the air conditioner’s temperature was constant, and the surrounding area around the hotel was very quiet and sleep is more comfortable than you think.
But noises can be clearly heard if guests in the nearby rooms walk around or talk loudly.
Very small, with just enough room to move around a bit. Works just fine. When considering the price paid, we are quite satisfied.
A very small working table that has enough space to accommodate a laptop, but not the accompanying mouse.
Above the table is a hanger but hanging a shirt will eventually end up covering the laptop’s screen.
The internet is fast and quite stable. Good enough for general usage.
Location, Opening Hours, Pricing
Hotel 81 Orchid Singapore
• 21 Lor 8 Geylang, Singapore 399090
• 24-hour front desk
• Check-ins: after 14.00 hrs.
• Check-out: before 11.00 hrs.
- 19 Top Tourist Attractions in Singapore
- 30+ Singapore Street Food
- A Review of Hotel 81 Orchid Singapore
- A Review of The Seacare Hotel Singapore
- Cable Car Sky Dining Singapore
- Everything You Need to Know Before Visiting Singapore
BearDuck, a couple of game designers and illustrators, is on a slow journey to explore the world. We are interested in improving ourselves as much as street food and photography.
We currently have over 160,000 followers on Facebook.