A review of the Standard High Floor Room at the Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit, for anyone who is looking for an accommodation right in the heart of Bangkok. We hope that this post should be of assistance.
What We Liked
• Near the Asoke and Phrom Phong BTS station
• Availability of a swimming pool and fitness center
• Delicious breakfast
• Good room soundproofing
• Availability of a working desk
• Solid-walled bathroom, feels more personal than a glass wall
• Bed is perfectly soft, does not collapse nor is it too hard
• Availability of several pillows
• Provides a good view of the city (we stayed on the 27th Floor)
What We Didn’t Like
• The A/C’s temperature was constantly fluctuating
• Passing motorcycles could be heard from rooms facing the main road
• Pillows were considerably flat, and would not be suitable for anyone who likes high pillows
The Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit, is a hotel under the IHG Group, that is decorated in a simple and mature design and focuses on usability, and features a comprehensive set of facilities, such as a swimming pool and fitness center.
It is ideal for anyone looking for inner-city accommodation at a reasonable price.
The Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit is located at the entrance of Soi Sukhumvit 22 and is very easy to get to as it is only 500 m. from the Phrom Phong BTS station, and 800 m. from the Asoke BTS station.
It is also located near the beautiful Benchasiri Park, as well as well-known shopping malls such as Terminal 21, Emporium, and EmQuartier, all of which are within easy walking distance.
• Ensuite bathroom: Yes
• Towels: Yes
• Hair dryer: Yes
• Working desk: Yes
• Refrigerator: Yes
• Television: Yes
• Air conditioner: Yes
• Free WiFi: Yes
• Parking: Yes
Outdoor swimming pool with a small garden corner, located on the 8th Floor, adjacent to the Zeta Café.
Small fitness center, which should be able to accommodate about 10 persons comfortably, also located on the 8th Floor. Access is made through the room keycard.
Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit has 2 restaurants, the Zeta Café, providing breakfast, lunch, and dinner services, and the Maya Restaurant, which principally features Indian cuisine. It caters to dinners and a Buffet Brunch is available on Sundays.
The King Bed Standard City View Room (High Floor)
The room size is 30 sq.m. in size and decorated in brown tones, imparting a feeling of calmness, firmness, and maturity.
Very clean. No traces of any dust.
Even though facing the main road, the room was considerably quiet, the bed was soft and comfortable, pillows were of the soft and flat type and may not be liked by guests who prefer high pillows.
Solid-walled bathroom, strong water current, and water heater was easy to use without the need to wait long for the water to heat up.
Wide spacious table and equipped with multiple power sockets. Working in a notebook is convenient. However, the chair was placed under the A/C’s outlet.
Fast and strong signal. Doesn’t pose any issue for general use but may not be suitable for playing online games.
Breakfast at the Zeta Cafe
Located on the 8th Floor of the hotel. Access can be made by just informing the staff of your room number. Standard breakfast, coffee, bakery, sausages, salads, fruits.
Orders for egg menus can be made directly to the chef. And to let you in on a little secret, there is also the availability of Egg Benedict, which is not listed on the menu.
Map, Opening Hours, Pricing
Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit n IHG Hotel
• 1 Soi Sukhumvit 22, Bangkok 10110
• Reception is opened around the clock.
• Check-in is at 15.00 hrs., and check-out must not exceed 12.00 noon.
• Breakfast: 06.00 – 10.30 hrs.
• Lunch: 11.30 – 14.30 hrs.
• Dinner: 18.00 – 22.00 hrs.
• Indian Cuisine Sunday Brunch: 12.00 – 15.00 hrs.
• Indian Cuisine Dinner: 18.00 – 21.00 hrs.
BearDuck, a couple of game designers and illustrators, is on a slow journey to explore the world. We are interested in improving ourselves as much as street food and photography.
We currently have over 160,000 followers on Facebook.